Sunday, February 15, 2009

Check-In No. 3

KITCHEN BUFFET: MUCH IMPROVED.

Before:




After:



The bad part about this story is that I didn't really declutter much, I mostly just shoved things into other piles that I have not dealt with. But I bought a dock for my iPhone and needed a place to put it. And being able to listen to music I like should make future endeavors more productive and pleasant, right? Right!

This surface is right behind where I usually hang out on my laptop, so I think it's inevitable that it will have some stuff there most of the time. The key is to limit it (ie, no teetering stacks, everything is visible) and make sure that it's actually stuff I need to have handy here. The stack of discs will get a new home somewhere (they're out because I ripped them to my iTunes library), and the books are for an Alpha Heroes post I'm working on, so those particular ones will go away shortly. I suspect that others will take their place however.

I know that the bulletin board contributes to the visual clutter, but for now, I need a place to put up school papers and artwork and such. I can probably shoot for a little bit neater arrangement, though.

The big spinny thing on the right is how I hope to tame the paper monster. It hasn't happened yet. I'm going to think on it a little bit, set a deadline and if it hasn't proved useful by whenever that is, I will ditch it (how's that for decisive?).

In other news, I stopped by a second used book store to offload some more of the books that the first one didn't take. They offered me $6 for a whole grocery sack full. Criminal, really. I let them have all but two nice hardbacks that I'll either attempt to eBay or offer up on the book blog for the cost of postage.

I have tomorrow off so it's possible I'll make a bit more progress.

And hey, thanks for listening -- I probably wouldn't've bothered with this much without having this posting schedule to keep.

2 comments:

  1. Nic, I'm telling you: paperbackswap.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be blackballed immediately. The post office as an errand destination is my nemesis. I cannot be relied upon to mail things out when I say I will.

    ReplyDelete