Monday, January 26, 2009

Exhibit B: Master Bedroom

I have a laundry problem:

And a storage problem:


There are two corollary problems here.

1. We actually have a fair amount of good storage in this house, but we have about 20% more CRAP than will actually fit. (Umm. That number might be higher than 20%, it's hard to say). Which means we're gridlocked. I can't clear out the spaces we have to use them well because they're full of stuff which may or may not be crap. That whole thing they do on TV where they pull all the stuff out on the front lawn and put it tarps? I see how that really works, and yet... SO not happening here.

2. There are a limited number of places where I can put things that are "safe" from the girls. Mostly, there are zero, but I have varying levels of denial about some of them. The master bedroom is one where I *expect* them to leave stuff alone.

A nice reward for clearing this room of clutter would be a new paint job. The photos don't do justice to its mauve-based, gold-besmeared fugliness. I also fantasize about covering one wall with elfa based bookshelves....

No comments:

Post a Comment